Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTI Adapter - Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

EterPBX

Technical User
Oct 13, 2007
SE
Hi!

I have a trouble with CTI adapter against MX-ONE. When the operator logs in, many times gets logged out immediately. The operator can then be trying pressing login button for several minutes, just resulting in immediate logout. Then goes away for a cup of coffee, comes back and tries again. Works!

Any ideas what can be wrong? We have tried changint CTI adapter to latest revision, and the software is latest version. Can the digital phoneset have any impact on this?

Regards,
Chris

Try changing equ of operator, or maybe swap the board in the switch.

Set the DNA OWS trace on in OWS - ctrl-F - OWS PABX Extension Line Control Panel and switch on logfile, then decode using Filetrans.exe and see what signals happen. Also set trace on operator number at same time (STDNI or TSE equivalent). You can see the switch and PC signals this way.

best parnum

Thank you, I dont think the equ is any problem, I have the same problem with several operators.

But I will do a trace and see. I have never heard of filetrans.exe though, do you know where I can get it?

Chris

filetrans is installed as part of DNA on the server, what DNA version and Service Pack? Filetrans is the decoder, but you can work out the signals if you study the trace without.

best parnum

Ah okay, I didn't know that. DNA is 5.5. I will try with filetrans, thank you!

SP3 is released on infochannel, apply to server and clients if not already, there are bugs in SP2.

best parnum

I have done some tracings and translated with filetrans, but I am afraid I cant get much sense out of it. I attached some part of it now. Can someone see any error in this or helping me translate what it actually means...

Thanks,
Chris

http://91.198.92.25/~eter/test.log
Hello,

What is the revisions of your CTI adapters?
I think older revisions had problems with lost signals.
I am not sure what the latest revison is right now, but I think I remember seeing R7A atleast.

/mk

I have the latest available revisions. We tried exchanging all CTI adapters just as a test, but no difference. Are going to try using IP Phone instead of Digital Extension/CTI adapter. Hopefully that works better..

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back