Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTD setting on CLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
if a phone sets CLS is set to CTD, does that mean the the NCOS controls the sets capability vs if the phone was set to UNR? i really dont want to have to change 400 sets to UNR so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

well since thats the case, i have a phone thats being denied access because of the CTD setting. As soon as i change it to UNR it works fine. So would there be a system wide setting to prevent changing each and every phone on the system to allow access to this newly created route?

found the answer... from the access and restrictions NTP....
"sets programmed CTD are denied from calls to CO/FX trunks where 0 or 1 is dialed as a first digit following a direct access code."

ok if thats the way it is, is there a way to work around that unfortunate fact without having to do a mass CLS change? i read a little about NFCR, but im still not sure how to use that.

Tell everyone to dial without the 1 and build a dmi table to insert it?

CTD does relate to NCOS in some ways.

CTD and TLD restrict ones and zeros when the user dials a Route Access code.

If the user is TLD, then they cannot dial 1+ or 0+, even if NCOS allows it.

If the user is CTD, then NCOS treats them as UNR, so if you dial a BARS call, it does not look at the CLS to restrict the call.

Ideally , you want everyone to be CTD. But if they need to dial Route Access codes, they might need UNR. Sometimes setting the Route as MANO=YES resolves that.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

I should add, that this mainly applies to North America. In other countries, CTD may be less common because of the dialing plan for local calls.

--
--

If the user dials the route access code then they aren't using BARS so the the switch wont look at the NCOS. The NCOS relates to the FRL in the RLI. So I still say CTD has nothing to do with NCOS.

GH,

Thank you so much for info on MANO=YES. That did the trick. The customer confirmed any phone programmed with CTD CLS can now dial out after entering the access code. The only thing is, which is not a real show stopper at this point, but the customer mentioned that after they dial the access code, no further digits or key tones are heard or seen in the display. Any ideas on that one?

thanks again for everybodys inputs

GH, thanks again for the input but did you have any thoughts on my last post?

If you have a Route where people must dial 1s or 0s, just make the route TYPE WAT.

TLD and CTD, when used without BARS, only block 1s and 0s from COT type routes.

If you make the Route a WAT, then CTD and TLD will ALLOW 1s and 0s

So, if MANO is a bad choice, OUT the Trunks and Route, then rebuild the Route as TYPE WAT and the trunks as WAT and you will be good.

--
--

That sounds like a plan, but setting MANO to YES worked out perfectly. the only issue i have now with the setup is that the customers are telling me that after the access code is dialed, they can continue to dial the rest of the number fine, but theres no indication of keys being depressed or show up in the display past the access code. The calls still complete out of the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back