Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cta 100 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telco71

Technical User
Nov 26, 2007
US
moved a mics 7.0 over the weekend and there was a CTA100 connected to a pc and then over to a house cable to who knows where. the customer wants it hooked back up. I have a pri and does this cta hook down on one of the did ports just like a ata or rad. cannot find an install guide or any booklet online. and does the smdr6 do the same thing, as far as the dialing records.
telco71

The CTA is probably for some application running on a pc somewhere. I would think the customer knew what it was for (though,.......). An SMDR is for providing basic call processing information to a call accounting system, typically. The CTA may be for Infocus s/w or some other application.

The CTA was a pass thru to a phone. what you will eventually find is that one of the extensions was hooked up to the back end of the CTA. The CTA uses the B2 channel of the phones and does not affect the phones themselves.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

can i just pick a unassigned did number and hook this up. not sure how this gathers information.
thanks
carl t

Yes you can use an unassigned port or if you may become short of ports you can put it in line with one of the in use ports.

The CTA is designed to interface your computer to the phone system for such things as a soft phone on your screen that controls the phone on your desk. Software companies can cause the cta to interface with the PC software for call accounting and create a record of all outside calls that occur on the phone system.

Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back