Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

csvde and ldifde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this as its driving me NUTS!.

I have recently migrated over 1500 users from an NT4 domain to a brand spanking new 2k domain, I used ADMT, and everything went smoothly. My problem is this:

All of the users Profile and Homedrive paths are still pointing at the old servers... If I had only a few users this would not be a problem, but I am NOT going to sit here for a week or 3 manually changing 1500 users settings.

Does anyone know of any way, perhaps using csvde or ldifde that I can change all the users Homedrive and profile paths using a batch script, or even by exporting the data, altering it and then importing it back in.

I have tried following instructions on various websites (Microsoft and JSIFaqs to name a couple) and they do not give enough detailed instruction.

I have got to get this done in the next day...

HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks in advance.

--

Dash
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every Minute!!!!!"

D, i noticed your request went un-answered. %- I am facing the same situation. If you found anything, please let me know. I've got the ldifde file created, but the attribute for setting the password is eluding me. One of the guys put a group policy on the directory to limit the password, I think that might be jacking with the bulk import. Let me know if you found anything that helped you, or if you still need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back