Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.csv file in Excel HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PleaseGiveHelp

Programmer
Oct 29, 2002
US
Ok so .csv files are a little tricky. I find when I save a .csv file, I am prompted to save yet again before I close the window. Is there any way to prevent the second saving? The reason I ask is because I have written an application to perform some changes to a spreadsheet (.csv file) and then save. It does the save but because there is the 2nd save (which I want to answer NO to) I am still prompted to save. Is there anyway I can pass through the NO within my code so I don't have to answer the second prompt?

Have you tried something like this?
ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

This is what I have.

Application.ActiveWorkbook.Save
Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close

This works for hte first save. But not for teh second...

And this ?
Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close False

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Nope still the same. I am still prompted to click on the No button...

And this ?
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Hope This Help, PH.

I'm still getting it. Should I send you all of my code? Perhaps I'm placing the code in the wrong area?

Never mind this does work if I put it after the first save and before the close. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back