Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Dear all,

I'm designing a webpage.
I cut the pictures with image ready into small pieces,
put them into tables and make the table into center.
So now in both 800 or 1024 screen, both are in the center.

The problem is, I wanna add words on top of those pictures.
So I use layer. but the layer will not be aligned as the pictures are in different screen size.

Someone told me to use CSS, but I can't get what he meant and the layers are appearing in different place in different screen size. Can someone kind please give me a clear description and advise on how to solve this problem ?

Also, is there a way I can set using dreamweaver, when I open the page in 800 screen, it fills the whole window. But when I open in 1024 screen, it also fills the whole window ?

Please help.
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
girl girl

In terms of aligning layers smoothly and consistently in different window sizes, the easiest approach I find is to use something like the Project VII layer alignment extension for Dreamweaver.

It will allow you to take layers and align them with different "anchor" objects on your page.

Information on Snap Layers:
Project VII Extension list:
Regards,

Jon Wilson
Threespot Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back