Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS Site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtluvsjc

Technical User
Apr 27, 2007
US
Hi, I am new to CSS columns. I am designing a site that has to be all css, and I am trying to get two columns and beneath that three equal columns. It shows up okay in dreamweaver, however when I check out the page in Safari, Explorer, Firefox, and Opera, the third column is bumped down below the 1st and 2nd columns.

Here is the link for you to see what I'm talking about (right now I am only concerned with the column problem-it's a site in progress):

If you look at the very last sentence on the bottom of the page, there is a link to a txt of my style sheet.

Can someone help me out? I am using Mac OSX.

Thanks a lot!

-T

I forgot to mention - I temporarily changed the width of the 3rd column to 100px to see if it would help, with no luck. Here is the css for those three items:

#lowercol1 {

float:left;
width:260;
}

#lowercol2 {

width:260;
}

#lowercol3 {

width:100;
}

i gave it a spin and added "px" to each of the lower div widths and it worked fine in both FF and IE7. see if that (perhaps overly) simple change fixes it.
Code:
#lowercol1 {

width:260px;
    }    

#lowercol2 {

width:260px;
    }

#lowercol3 {

width:100px;