Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS or Flash ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherHigher

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2005
CA
Why the site is showing white background then loading the page? The url is
Is it Flash or CSS causing the white background?

I am getting an error message from IE6
'============================
Line 65
char 60
Error: Unterminated string constant
Code 0
URL: '=========================================
Your Background bg loads very late that is the reason.

Zameer Abdulla
[sub]Jack of Visual Basic Programming, Master in Dining & Sleeping[/sub]
Visit Me

If you're talking about the background around the flash animation, yes that is flash that is to be blamed. Try creating a preload screen in flash (just a very small quick loading screen that actually copies your site's design. The whole problem is not very evident on my computer, because of my fast connection which allows me to get content very quickly.

Hi Zameer,
My background is not white. It's dark blue and it's really small jpg. The only background white is the content column. How would I go fix that errors?

Hi Vragbond,

On flash, the background is white. Okay I will build a preloader.

Thank you guys.

Hi Zameer,

What line 65 are you talking about? My cascading style sheets?

It is some javascript error. IE is detecting it. I am using HTML KIT as my html editor that also detect the error. Unfortunately I don't know anything about javascript.
Your code line is like below with split lines.
Code:
<im'+'g'+ ' 
 src="[URL unfurl="true"]http://code.superstats.com/b/ss/enycz/1'+[/URL] '?pageName=' +
If I remove the line split then the error goes away.
Code:
(''+ ' <im'+'g'+ '  src="[URL unfurl="true"]http://code.superstats.com/b/ss/enycz/1'+[/URL] '?pageName=' +
Your background picture must be small I can see it as gray color not dark blue. You can say Chair Model J2502 is blue.
And the flash.. My system reinstalled yesterday. Forgot to install flash player. so I can't see the flash. I will see it tomorrow after installing the flash player.

Zameer Abdulla
[sub]Jack of Visual Basic Programming, Master in Dining & Sleeping[/sub]
Visit Me

I think the problem's probably that you're using a background image. Browsers typically load these last, so it waits until after it's downloaded the flash animation before bringing in the background. Like Vrag, I'm working on a fast connection so can't really see it.

Since you're using a solid colour as your background, why use an image to do it? Just specify the colour you want, like this:
Code:
body {
   background: #B9BEC2;
   margin-top: 0;
}

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor