Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS Caching

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassguy

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
US
Hello All, Are CSS Cached somewhere on the server somewhere?

I make changes and they are not instantly changed so I make a change then make another then the first change shows up etc. I am using FP2000 and IIS5.

Also, Can you apply backgound and font family to Stylesheets. It seems I can if they CSS is inline but as soon as I move it to a .css file they do not work.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Bassguy

Hi Bassguy,

Not sure about your caching question, but for the stylesheet question, yes, you can apply background and font-family to stylesheets. Just do something like this:

body { background-color:green; }

p { font-family:arial, sans-serif; color:blue; }

Be sure you link to your stylesheet in your web docs using the following code:

<link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;styles.css&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;>

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth :)

Yes, I believe CSS is cached just like JavaScript. Sometimes clearing out your cache will work. When all else fails I close out all my browser sessions and then it will grab the &quot;new stuff&quot;.

Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back