Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS and Text Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

msquires

Programmer
Aug 8, 2000
GB
Hi, I'm trying to interpret a CSS file which has text sizes filled with percentage values.

I am creating a document which details the font, size etc. for client use and I'm not sure what exactly point size 120% equates to. Having researched the web I can see it relates to the parent object however I do not know what the parent object is. How can I identify what the parent is?

Thanks

Mike

Differs :)

Parent could be a-tag if the css is a.something.

I. g. the parten is the tag including the style:

<p>Some <span class=&quot;class-a&quot;>text</span></p>

Here the p-tag is the parent. cu, Sascha

In addition, if the parent is not defined in the stylesheet then the document will use the font size specified by the user's browser. Then the displayed text would be 120% bigger than whatever the viewer has specified in their preferences. Typically this is good design if author's potential audience requires that they have control of text sizes to view a page comfortably. Perhaps this was the author's intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back