Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSS and include files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieDBA

MIS
May 1, 2001
US
Hi Folks,

So I have inherited the upkeep of a web site and I am instituting css in several areas. All the pages are asp but they are essentially just html with a couple of include files. One of the include files handles a upper right hand Nav.

So this nav does not seem built by this include file doesn't seem to inherit any of the css rules I set up. This include file also does not seem to follow it's own font rules when I try that.
<!-- #include file = &quot;RightNav.inc&quot; -->

<!-- #include virtual = &quot;/source/pagefooter.inc&quot; -->

Anyone ever encountered this and have a work around?
Thanks.

have you tried encompassing the includes in a div

#mystyle {styles....}

<div id=&quot;my style&quot;><!-- #include file = &quot;RightNav.inc&quot; --></div>

or would you rework the includes into an htm file and just build the tables

td.includestyle {styles....}

<table>
<tr><td class=&quot;includestyle&quot;>sadf</td>
<td class=&quot;includestyle&quot;>sadf</td>
<td class=&quot;includestyle&quot;>sadf</td></tr></table>

[Hammer]
Nike Failed Slogans -- &quot;Just Don't Do It!&quot;

I'm not sure I understand the problem funny... your css isn't taking in your inclucdes? May I sudject the the includes have nothing to do with the problem? try this: view your asp page in a browser, and go to view>sorce. you'll find that there is no include code, and that the stuff from all the includes is in the sorce. this is because the includes run on the server-side. the reason I say the includes don't make a differance, is because css is run on the client-side. so, by the time css runs, your page has no includes in it.

ya but also if the includes arent set up right then the formatting wont be correct, right? at least that's how i do them.

[Hammer]
Nike Failed Slogans -- &quot;Just Don't Do It!&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back