Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSPFA 642-521

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin1234321

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
GB
I am hoping to do the firewall exam in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me what the exam entails? Are there any simulations? Is the passmark 85% like the CCNA. Any info would be appreciated.

I posted this 12 months ago. In the meantime I have taken and passed the pix exam and the secur. Now working on the vpn. Good luck with your study. (I failed it once but knew to be better prepared second time around.)

ops, didn't realize it was a old post. :)
Wish me luck, i am doing many simulation exams to prepare for it.

Worth doing as much as you can on the sims and a real pix if possible. After failing the first time I spent a long time studying and then used Testking for the last few weeks to test my knowledge. I would recommend them as a test of your knowledge as a final preperation for the exam. If you pass their tests on a regular basis you can confidently predict you are ready for the real thing.

ya, many people recommended testking, so here i have the latest version with me. Planned to skip the boson software simulation exam questions though there are more than 1000 of them, but i am afraid some questions are really outdated. Will focus on the original test simulator come with ciscopress and the testking materials. I am lucky to have a production pix for hands-on.

I found that all the questions I had on the exam had been covered in Testking but I wouldnt advise to just use that to study as, although you may pass the exam, when you end up on a customer site you wont have a clue. Good luck with your study and if I can help in any way let me know.

martin1234321, what type of equipment/study materials are you using for your vpn study? I plan on studying for this test soon. I've been looking at concentrators on ebay but they are quite expensive. I do have a 501 pix and a few 25XX routers.

I have to admit I am having trouble studying for the vpn exam. I have the Cisco books but although they teach you the facts its very difficult without a concentrator to practice on. I am lucky enough to work for a Cisco partner and we are hoping to get a concentrator soon for me to practice with. The trouble I have is I am so used to the IOS commands I dont get on too well with a GUI interface. Hopefully a few weeks working on one will sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back