Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

csp: using objectviewer.csp/infoobject.cwr

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalvictim

Programmer
Dec 4, 2002
DE
Hi,
using CR/CE8.5, I want to enable users to view a report's last instance(s) by using a custom csp-page.
This page has to handle logon functionlity (we're using secWinAD-authentification), InfoStore-queries and to display a table that contains links to the instances.

It all works fine as long as the report's instance is in rpt-format (I'm using viewrpt.cwr) - so there can't be a login-problem or something like that.
Unfortunately, many of our reports have another format (pdf, txt, doc, ...) and therefore cannot be viewed with viewrpt.cwr. I figured out, that obviously I'll have to use INFOOBJECT.CWR.
Despite many days of desparate trying, I haven't succeeded yet... So this is what I found out so far:

INFOOBJECT requires a parameter called WCSID (this seems to be neccessary for authentification issues). So I took a look at the samples provided within the CE_SDK-helpfile (creating a logontoken, storing the token in a cookie, retrieving the cookie). Nevertheless, it simply doesn't work. I get a message telling me that I'm not authorized...
So I tried the following: I log onto our Crystal Management Console via Launchpad and then (in a new window) click on the link created by my custom page: This works. Moreover, it does no longer require WCSID..... (by the way: the WCSID I get by creating the logontoken is completely different from the WCSID that is displayed when right-clicking on a report instance. It's not only numbers but servername and domain information followed by an alphanumerical code).
Next, I tried to log onto ePortfolio instead of Management Console and run the same test. This time, the result was quite different: Again, I do not seem to have the neccessary authorization :-(

As I have no idea, what I'm doing wrong, I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I can try to help, even if I have never used CR/CE8.5.
When you log on the CMC, do you use secWinAD-authentification ? Do you use the same user-logon ?

/Paul

Hi Paul,
thanks for your reply. I tried to use both secWinAD and secEnterprise authentification. Both alternatives work fine as long as I'm only up to querying CI_INFOOBJECTS from my custom csp-page. But it seems I'm missing something that is neccessary for working with infoobject.cwr.
The tests I mentioned where also done with both WinAD and Enterprise authentification.

Regards,
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back