Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSG not logging username reliably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coty

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
US
I just installed CSG2 on a test box and it is doing the same thing as our older CSG install (that looks identical in every way...did they just change the name and not the product?)

Basically when I look in the event viewer to see who has logged on many of the entries omit the username:

Event ID 4201

CSG4201 Client IP [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx] with username [] connected successfully to server [servername:80] using protocol [HTTP/S].

Why does it leave the username blank most of the time?

I need to be able to log/report who is logging in when and where. All the data I need is in the event log save the username?

What can I do?

Thanks

After looking into the IIS logs for my logging needs...I noted all of the connections that do have the domain\username lines say they are to and from 127.0.0.1 with no mention of the internet IP addy?

Any ideas as to why this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back