Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1K with QSIG to Mitel not passing tones to WAT paging trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey101

MIS
Apr 24, 2009
CA
I have a 7.6 cs1k that has a QSIG going to a mitel pbx. From the mitel you can dial the trunk access code of the wat route for the paging trunk but cannot dial the zone. If i dial from the mitel to csk set i hear the dtmf so i am figuring it has to do with trunk to trunk transfer. I am not sure what I am missing any help would be great.

So you can call from the mitel and make the connection------but then you can not dial the zone---check your trunks between the 2 pbx's. Verify that they are DTN and also UNR on the cs1k side. Once you make the connection to the cs1k's paging trunk the system is looking at the features on the trunk tn. I know you have the route defined as a WAT---but I can't remember if that over rides 0/1 dialing from ctd or tld tn's.

I remember struggling with this many years ago. cannot remember how exactly i resolved. Couple of things i would suggest are

1. Try toggling SUPV on and off
2. try setting up as a tie with Sigl = lop

I have tried that already and when I put the SUPV to yes the cs1k cannot access the trunk.

hey monkey----------------------is the route data block for the paging (wat) set up for MANO=yes?
you replyed above that the trunk is unr/dtn------------------------------are the qsig trunks also set up as unt/dtn?

have you turned on d-ch messaging and verified the cs1k is sending back a connection message?

So this is a Mitel Problem? Everything works fine from the CS1K?

If it was a trunk to trunk issue you would never get to the paging trunk. Sounds like an EOD timer maybe. Try pressing the # sign before the zone # from the Mitel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back