Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1K to Hipath tie issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chollin2

Technical User
Mar 11, 2013
US
I have a CS1k (main switch) tied to a Hipath 4000. When dialing from the CS1K to the Hipath 4000 there is no issue but when trying to dial the Hipath 4000 I can't dial to an extension on the CS1K but I'm able dial from the Hipath to the local and long distance T1's that are connected to the CS1K. Any ideas on what's happening?

Thanks for responding. Where do I check trunk to trunk in the CS1K?

So how are you calling from the Hipath to the CS1000? Dialing 4 digits or dialing an access code then the 4 digits? Your dialing plan will need to be put into the Hipath just like it is in the CS1K. Trunk to trunk is obviously already allowed because you said you can call out on trunks in the CS1K.

we have a 7 digit dial plan so calling from the hipath will be 7 digits.

How many digits are your Extensions in the CS1K ??

So are the 7 digit extension numbers programmed in the Hipath to route to the CS1K? Is this a T-1 connection or PRI? If it is PRI you can turn on D-channel messaging in the CS1K and see what the Hipath is sending.

It's a PRI connection and the following are the DCH messeges;

DCH 6 OMSG ALERT REF 0000807D CH 208 23
DCH 6 IMSG STATUS REF 0000807D CH 208 23
CAUSE: MSG NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STATE
STAT: CALL INIT ST
DCH 6 OMSG DISC REF 0000807D CH 208 23
CAUSE: MSG NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STATE
DCH 6 IMSG RELEASE REF 0000807D CH 208 23
CAUSE: NORMAL CLEARING

Not sure what all that means but it almost looks like it doesn't like the call type. How is this PRI set up on the d-channel? NI2 or what?

This doesn't look like a PRI based on your print out, it looks like a SIP end point

So when you make an outbound call from the Hipath through the CS1K do you see that call hit the same d-channel?

It would appear to me the Hipath is sending the wrong digits or something the CS1K doesn't like. Is the Hipath sending the 9 to the CS1K for outbound calling or are you using INAC in the RDB? If the Hipath is sending the 9 preceding every call then that could be the issue. Don't know anything about the Hipath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back