Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1K fiber remote IPE cabinet loops disabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonedaddy

Technical User
Oct 6, 2007
US
For the last few months one of our single mode fiber remotes has been receiving the following error " RSIG link lost on Port #0 - Reinitialized". We have other fiber remotes both in SM and MM that are working fine.

XMI000 40 : RSIG link lost on Port #0 - Reinitialized
stat
XMI000 8 : RSIG link lost on Port #0 - Reinitialized
40 0
064 UNIT(S) IDLE
002 UNIT(S) BUSY
000 UNIT(S) DSBL
000 UNIT(S) MBSY

This 2 shelf cabinet supports loop 8 0, controller 3 and loop 40 0 , controller 10. There are times when loop 8 0 disables and loop 40 0 still works, sometimes both loops will disable. We have replaced controller cards as well as digital and analog/mw cards in various slots in both shelves.
Disabling and re-enabling the controllers and loops in LD32 brings them back up, but at some point they will fail again. In our effort to t/s this, now none of the analog ports on loop 40 0 can break dial tone. Rotary dialling works, phones ring and act as normal, just cant break dial tone. I think this started when we changed the network card at the CE for this loop.

Also, we have changed the fiber remote multi ipe interfaces at each end and confirmed the dip switch settings are correct. This is an AC powered cabinet and I have tested the power and the ground and found them to be both good. Our fiber tech says the link between the sites is within the specs listed in the NTP.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

On the issue with the analog ports. Did you check your digitone receivers? May want to run a test on them and also ensure are enabled.

Thank you Geordie, I have tested all of the DTR's and all have passed. I did however find on the DTR in 36 1 15 to have only TN's 0 - 6 programmed. Not sure why 36 1 15 7 is not. There are a total of 6 DTR's in the system, none of them residing in the remote cabinet housing loops 8 0 and 40 0.
I'm a little puzzled why analog phones in loop 8 0 can break dial tone and none in loop 40 0 can. No where else in the system am I having this problem. We have a total of 7 fiber remotes, 4 are multi IPE and 3 are wallmount style (Opt 11?)

Just to confirm there are other analogs within the 2nd group, Loops 32 to 63 that can break dial tone? If so, I would try downloading the controller again if no joy, replace the network card.

When do these remotes disable? during midnight routines?

Yes, to confirm that the other loops are able to break dial tone. We have replaced controller cards in shelf 8 0 and 40 0 a couple of times in the last few weeks. This is the message that I sometimes get when enabling the controller for loop 8:

SDL2110 REASON 3, XPEC 3 (8 0), VERSION 45, MAINT MODE.

Sometimes re-seating the card and enabling the loop/controller works. So far, I have not found any rhyme or reason to what may trigger the following messages and it happens day and night:

XMI000 8 : XNET cLAN polling failure on port 0

Once it starts this, it disables pretty quickly.

Just a thought, would it be worth changing out the network card for loop 8 or loop 40 ?

TGD

Thanks golfdoctor, are you suggesting changing the network card to resolve the issue of not breaking dial tone or the XMI000 errors? Thanks

XMI errors. I used to have this all the time on a fiber remote with same type of configuration and it ended up being dirty fiber connections. Took a second time for vender to check fiber for it to get resolved but a thorough cleaning resolved issue. I don't remember if it was the connector or the patch but haven't had the problem anymore. As far as bringing up these loops I have had quirky issues often and have had to reseat loops to get it to clear up.
As for analog problem not sure, all I can say is sometimes I had digital cards that appeared ok but phones dead and I would have to take down the shelf and bring it back up before the sets would work.
These work great when they work but are a nightmare when you have trouble.

JHenley

Thank you jhenley. We had our fiber tech come to replace the ST connectors at the remote end and he found that the ST receptacle on the fiber remote interface was slightly bent and not allowing the connector to seat correctly. He repaired that and we have been running error free since then.
The issue still exists where none of the analog phones in loop 40 can break dial tone. Other loops using the same TDS and DTR's are working fine.

Might be worth a try ?
I have had issues where the network and controller cards on the applicable loop sometimes did not play nice in the same sandbox.

Only a thought...

TGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back