Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1K E Rls 5.0 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps08

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2008
CA
I recently added some IP licenses to the phone system. After installing the new keycode a sys load was performed on the active call server. Since then, the conference (AO6)key will not function on any phone (all sets are 1120/1140). When hitting the key to join the two parties together nothing happens.

I rebooted both the leader and follower sig. servers as I thought that it may have been just a bug. The problem has gotten worse, not only does the conferencing still not work but some of the phones will not reregister to the sig. server.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Have had some strange things happen also, Due to the sysload, I had to do a compete INI on both cores similtanious for my issues to go away.

*update*
We found the problem in regards to the conferencing situation. The conference loops were disabled on the media gateways. Which makes sense, I only wish I had of thought of that earlier.

However,
I still can not get the IP phones to re-register with the sig. server. If I take a known working phone and plug it into the port that a defective phone is using the working phone is still ok, which leads me to believe that it could be a phone issue.

Is there anyway to reset the f/w or wipe out these phones?

Have you logged into the CLI of the leader sig serv and watched the set registration messages? They will give you some idea of what is going on. If no messages appear, then the sets are not seeing the node.

Have you gon into LD 143 and done a "ksho rec" and confirmed your keycode to be right, also LD 22 "slt" look at your used Licences and Spare for your IP sets just in case any sort of coruption.

Try taking one of your faulty phones and putting it to no DHCP, setting it up manually, check if its just an ARP problem. Easy way to do this is go to a working set get the IP off it, unplug it, use the address on the manual setup of your non worker, put in S1 & S2, VLAN and see if it will register.

I reboot the phones in my lab all the time, and due to this, I end up with DHCP issues. Not on the phones, but on the DHCP server. I had to set my IP lease length way down to 8 hours. This seems to stop most of the issues.

Like I said this is due to the fact that I am constantly unpluging phones and moving them around on a bunch of different subnets.

911Guru
E911 FAQs are located at:

Bignose21, I tried your suggestion of manually configuring the phone and the problem did not go away. After mentioning your email to a fellow co-worker we played around some more eventually getting another co-worker involved who resolved the problem. He cleared the ARP table on the passport 8300 and the phones came up instantly.
Thanks to everyone for the help, it was greatly appreciated!

Try setting the port spanning-tree settings to "Faststart" and see if this resolves your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back