Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1k 7.6 NCOS changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zstic78

Technical User
Sep 29, 2006
US
Hey Gang its been a while since I've posted here.
Has anyone experienced NCOS changes all on their own? We have 2 PBX admins with one being dedicated to our realestate project, that leaves the other admin to do daily MAC work. We have had several reports of users not being able to dial international calls and when investigating we find the NCOS has changed to one that doesn't allow international calling. Now these users were all set up correctly before but somehow they get changed without anyone doing it.
I have run a report showing last modified by in Element Manager and they are all one person. That is not a good source though because if you do a retrieve then run a report it will show the ID of the person doing the retrieve.

Has anyone experienced this? Can there bee an issue with IE and element manager? Any other ideas on how this could happen without someone changing the programming?

My first guess is the databases are not synced. The database in the PBX differs than EM. I think the procedure to do is a retrieve and reconcile all. If changes are made in the PBX at the command line then that makes EM out of sync. Those are my thoughts anyway.

Thanks KCFLHRC Ill try that. The other admin doesnt know the CLI, I've suggested he not use EM but he says its easier. I will do the retrieve and Reconcile though

Check the date field on the tnb and if it was changed you will at least know the last time a change was made on the TN

Thanks @mckinney the issue with that though when you do a retrieve which we all do first thing in the morning it shows the last change was the date of the retrieve. I didn't look at it through command line though. I'll try that

What types of phones? Any chance moving around IP handsets are changing the rules? There is zero change the system will change it overall.

You should be able to do a History Print and see who has been logging in as well from command line daily...

not something like controlled Class of Service is it? Never printed a set when its locked to see if it shows the locked NCOS. Class of Service CCSA and then set up the CCS in LD 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back