Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1K 7.6 Costumer database backup and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

reisve

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2004
AO
Hi
I have a CS1k Rel 7.6. I normally do a customer database backup with LD 43 > EDD
My question is: How do I restore that database in the case of a customer DB corruption?

Thank You

ThankYou

I know that one it is for A SSC Card. My Rel 7.6 uses a CP-MGC. The backup with the EDD goes to a Pen Drive.

Database corruption typically is a full reinstall of the OS as well as the Database from the backup. Some database corruption can be fixed by Avaya or your support group.

Good chance backup on the pen drive would be corrupt if its backing up every night. Its good to setup FTP backup also put it somewhere else, set it weekly and keep 10 backups that way you have a good chance of getting most of the system back. As KCFLHRC says if you had corruption it would be better to start with a fresh install, restore the DB from the USB in the install menu, and patch up to date.

ld 43

RES xxx The file created to store the MIB-II variables, System
Navigation variables, and community name strings is
restored from the backup (external storage) device to
the primary device.
basic-19
Where xxx = removable storage device type.
• RMD = Compact Flash device
• USB = USB memory stick
Note:
This parameter only applies when the Call
Processor and SS applications are co-resident on
a CP PM server.
Note:
This command requires a system INI for restored
files to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search