Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000S and CCME(cisco call manager express) interoperability(H323)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso28

Technical User
Aug 13, 2007
DE
Hi

We have a Cs1000s rls 4.5(sig serv 4.50.88) connected to CCME (ver 4.1) via H323 trunks.
Cisco ip phones can call nortel phones and speak normally,
however nortel ip phones when they call cisco sets they don't hear any ring back tone, however
cisco phone sets rings and if the cisco user pick up the phone there is no speech path between the 2 phone sets;
Any ideas?

B.Regards

I would interested what you find out here. I have a CS1000E rls 5.0 sitting here I want to connect to a Cisco Call Manager via some H323 trunks . . .

Let me know and sorry I couldn't actually provide any help!

Maybe H245 Tunneling mismatch...?

All I can offer is what causes this exact issue when interoping CMME with BCM. Maybe it will turn out to be the same when interoping with CS1000.

By default, all Cisco equipment (CCM and Routers) have H245 Tunneling enabled. BCM/SRG have this disabled by default. In the case of the BCM or SRG, you can either enable H245 tunneling on the BCM/SRG or dissable it on the Cisco equip.

Enabled or disabled does not matter, they just need to match throughout the voice network.

If there is no setting for H245 tunneing on the CS1000, then try diaabling it on the CCME (and Cisco routers if there are any).

This might be worth a shot anyway...

I'm guessing that the H245 Tunneling config was not the answer?

I had another thought which causes the same symptom ... IF there happens to be a Cisco PIX Firewall (or two) in this network, disable H323 "fixup protocols" in the PIX. There are two for ports 1718, 1719 and 1720. These fixup protocols wreak havoc on interop between CCM and Nortel equipment as well as interop between Nortel/Nortel equipment.

Hi r307

I tried both suggestions but problem remains :(
Thanks for your support

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back