Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E R.5 upgrade and Meridian Mail compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzaswf

Vendor
Feb 7, 2006
GB
We are upgrading an Option 11 R.24 to a CS1000E.
The R.24 Option 11 has Meridian Mail.
When the R.5 upgrade is applied the voicemail config. is deleted.
Has anyone had any technical issues with CS1000E R.5 working with Meridian Mail and/or has a resolution

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Gazzaswf

Meridian Mail enhanced card option rle 13.14 is the only one supported on 5.0

i've seen that if nortel does not have the right config prior to selling the upgrade... as posted you will need a new set of keycodes and a vm upgrade.. do the mermail upgrade then the switch up grade...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Nortel were sent a v7.02 orderpro (required for the upgrade)
So would be aware of the config.

CS1000 E does not support Meridian Mail. In order to keep the Meridian Mail you must stay an OPT 11 with no IP phones and no SIP trunking. If you add any of those 2 things you become a CS1000E.

I had IP Phones on an Option 11C Rls 25.40B

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

IP sets and SIP trunking has nothing to do with meridian mail. The only thing that applies is the version of software and the Meridian Mail hardware. Like an earlier post 13.14 is the only software for meridian mail supported and it must be an enhanced card option meridian mail. That is the single card configuration of the option 11 mail. I also have had several systems with IP phones and IP trunks and they worked great.

BrokenRecord2 is correct; Nortel does not support Meridian Mail in any CS1000 gateway except an MG1000B (which can only be purchased as a conversion from an Option 11C). Meridian Mail will be EOL within the next two years so I recommend that anyone who still has it should budget for a migration to Call Pilot. Administration is a whole lot easier using the web browser interface than on Meridian Mail. However, Meridian Mail is still one of the most reliable voice messaging systems out there so I can understand why some are reluctant to part with it. The one my company uses was installed in 1995 and it still has its original hard disk! Of course I have a spare just in case it dies.

Please disregard the previous post regarding the installation of MM with CS1000. It is supported on MG1000B only if used with NMS with the MM physically installed on an M1 not directly on the CS1000. Also when upgrading the M1 to CS5.0 the M1 software doesn't know what release of MM you have since that info isn't anywhere in the PBX configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back