Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000E, CC 7.0, 3905 Can you log in w/o headset? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonefox

Technical User
Jun 9, 2010
US
Hi guys,

Is there a way to log in a 3905 w/o having a headset/handset attached? We have a couple of temp/PTs that don't need a headset but need to log in as part of their "Time clock". I don't want to waste headsets on them if they are not needed. Any help or point in the right direction would be great! Thanks!

~~I thought this topic would already be here but I searched and didn't find anything.

The Phone Fox

So I can't create another ACDN with a different setting for those phones to use? These guys don't take calls, they just need to be logged in for time keeping purposes.

It's the phone. It's smart and won't let you login unless a headset is attached because you won't be able to take calls. You will have to plug a handset or headset in or change the phone to a 3904.

An old headset amp will do the trick if you have one laying around.

you can create a seperate ACD for those folks. They can login with whatever phone is available and with nothing pointing to the new queue you can build, they will never take a call!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Thanks guys! I figured out that I could just use an old AMP as guycable2 suggested.

Johnthephoneguy
- I tried making them a separate ACDN with the HOML = Yes and tested w/0 success. How would I need to program the ACD in order for them to be able to log in w/o a headset?

Thanks!
The Phone Fox

The ACD settings don't matter. the 3905 and 1150 phones won't let you login unless somthing is connected to the headset port.

Ok guycable2!
That is what I needed to know! Thanks very much!

The Phone Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back