Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 with Valcom V-2003A

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcvh1

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
US
Hello all you paging experts out there. I am officially at a point of exasperation! I am hooking up a Valcom V-2003A multi page unit to a PAG port in the CS1000. However, I am only using it for single zone paging. I connect my buttset to the port and hear my page fine from a 3904. When I connect my buttset to the speaker output of the Valcom (R/BL - BL/R), I get nothing. I have the page port connected to W/BL - BL/W of the Valcom.

On the Valcom I have SW1 and SW5 up, SW2 up, and SW3 all are up (the book says this is off for all.)

Here is my programming for RDB and PAG:

DES PAGING
TN 000 0 04 07 VIRTUAL
TYPE PAG
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
RTMB 5 1
SIGL LDR
STRO WNK
SUPN NO
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND ECD WTA LPR THFD SPCD
P10 NTC
AACR NO
DATE 25 AUG 2012

REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 5

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 5
DES PAG
TKTP PAG
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
NACC PGNR
ESN NO
VTRK NO
CNDP UKWN
ICOG OGT
SRCH LIN
STEP
ACOD 6973
TARG
CLEN 1
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
GRD 896
SFB 3
TFD 0
SST 5 0
NEDC ETH
FEDC ORG
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
CDR NO
MUS NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
CTBL 0
AACR NO

I have tried the WAT route option, but get a pause then busy. I have studied the manual
and search this knowledge base for hours. I am at the mercy of this forum. Please Tek-Tippers Help!!

Thank you all ahead of time!

I know the PAG port won't work. that is for a simmple paging system. To use Zone paging you have to be able to send DTMF after the connection to the unit. You are right to try WATS trunk as that his how you set it up. I will have to get into a system to pull the exact configs, but I am not in a place to do that.

If you need to, go to Valcoms website and I believe they have Whitepaper on how to program this as a WATS trunk.

John

John, thanks for the feedback, but I'm using the unit for single zone paging. The PAG port seems to work fine coming out of the PBX. I think I adjusted the Valcom to be single zone because I do not receive tone back looking for a zone input. The problem is getting output to the speakers on the unit. I put a buttset on the W/BL in from the PBX and hear my page. The problem is I don't hear it on the output R/BL for zone 1 SPKR.

I'm thinking that maybe I still need to set this up as WAT even though i'm using it for single zone. The problem with when I set that up, I try a page it pauses for a second then I get fast busy. I've tried finding the exact programming on the Valcom website and elsewhere with no luck. Any help with that would be appreciated.

If a page port is connected to the Tip/Ring input (W/Bl) on the V-2003A, a contact closure is required on the Page Port Contact Closure (W/O). The same connection is required even if the V-2003A is used for single zone paging.

If the Background Music input (W/Gr) is being used, simply feed the page port audio pair into this input. Music should be enabled by default for all zones. Simply access the page port and begin paging.

If you want single zone paging you are using the wrong valcom unit. The V-2003A is a 3 zone unit that requires DTMF to select the correct zone. You need to program the trunk and route as WATS for this to work properly.

Yeah, I kinda figured that. The cust inherited this unit from a previous occupant. I already configured as WAT. It works fine after the change. They are just going to have to live with dialing the access code then #4 for all page.

Thanks for the input all!

If you set mano to yes and spct to imm in the route you should be able to skip the # and just use 4 for all call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back