Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 to IP Office SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hi all, i have a CS1K (7.6) SIP trunked to an IP Office (8.1) and for whatever reason it will not pass a call from the CS1K to IPO, but from the IPO it can call the CS1K. All my DSC's, NRS endpoints, routes, trunks, etc have all been configured and bench tested. The system sat next to the CS1K and with a local TLAN IP assigned to the IPO WAN port as well as the NRS endpoint, it passed calls in both directions with the CS1K. Once installed at the remote site and of course reconfigured with the correct IP address all around, the weird part is that with everything configured as UDP (NRS endpoint, Layer 4 transport), the IPO can call the CS1K, but not the other direction. When i set everything up with TCP, the CS1K can call the IPO, but not the other way. There is no firewalls in use on the IPO and on any of my distribution switches from what im being told. I have installed many of these systems in the past using the same basic configs and they all work. The fact that it works on the bench with no problem tells me there is an obvious routing issue, but im not a network guy, so i am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Never worked on an IP office but it sounds like the IPO and CS1000 are registered to the NRS -step one aok

Some thoughts that might be worth considering ....no particular order
maybe confirm with network group the trunks and ports honour and pass QOS between sites.
confirm both systems match DiffServ settings for layer 3 (46/40) if layer 3 in play between sites.
maybe try to force only one codec protocol on both systems (ie) G711 is old faithful.
pay load mismatch between sites can cause grief (ie) 20ms, 30ms, 40ms - should be set the same
might need to port capture the traffic to see if the SIP setup and tear down message is present at each end or what portion is missing (hi level only) - invite, trying, ringing, ok, ack

Just spit balling but maybe some ideas to try...

TGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back