Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 TIE to TIE and 5 digit dialing plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownToTheWire

Technical User
Dec 2, 2011
US
We have kind of weird setup here. Option 81c, they upgraded to CS1000 before I came. We have TIE trunks going to another Option 81c (this is basically our PSTN). I have a TIE setup for a box and running on a PRI using Qsig. From that box, I can dial all of my internal 5 digit extensions on the 81C. I can dial out from my box through the TIE to the 81C and out to the other "PSTN" TIEs. I don't even know where to begin on dialing in to the box from our 81C, or from the "PSTN" TIE to the box TIE. DSC is no-go, the numbers are all over the place, and package 150 is not installed, so I can't even build a one-for-one DSC for each DN...or can I?

Any thoughts?

Not sure if I need to build a new RDB and RLI for incoming, or what. It would be ok for all of the directly connected 81C folks to dial a code, then the extension. But how do get those incoming "PSTN" TIE calls to the folks on the other box?

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have scoured the forums to no avail. Heck, I would even be ok with setting up LOCs, but I have never set those up - on the last 81C I worked with, those were done.

I can send some gum to anyone who can help...

Our AC1 is "98" for calls going to a separately managed DID.

Our AC2 is "99" for calls to the "PSTN" TIE and to the outside world.

Can you have more than one for each AC?

Ok, I setup an HLOC (for the 81C) and a LOC (for the BOX). The LOC on the box is pointing towards the same RLI that is working for the outbound (box centric) calls. What do I use for the LDN setting in the LOC?

On your 81C you need to build a DSC for each extension number on "the box" that you wish to 5 digit dial. These DSC will reference a RLI that points to the tie trunks that connect to the box.

We don't have package 150 installed, so our DSC is limited to 4 digits. I wish I could shoe horn it somehow, but the DNs are all over the place.

DSC can be done on a 1 to 1 basis, you do not have to enter ranges. You can even mix ranges and single numbers. So 123 can CDP the same way 12450 does

Below is what I have. I left out most entries that are not populated for brevity.

Here is the HLOC/LOC setup:

HLOC 999
DMI 6

DMI:

DMI 6
DEL 3
CTYP NCHG

In AC2:

LOC 891
FLEN 8
RLI 23
NPA
NXX
ITOH
ITEI
LDN 33333 (made one up)

My RLI:

RLI 23
NALT 5
ISET 0
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

My RLB (Data entry index 0):

ENTR 0
ROUT 11
TOD 0
FRL 0
DMI 0
ISDM 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
COPT QSig Alternate Routing Cause 1
IDBB DBD

The Route:

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 11
DES 3N
TKTP TIE
ICOG IAO
ACOD 240
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC ISIG
PNI 00020
CHTY BCH
CTYP UKWN
SIGO STD
RCLS EXT
NDIG 2
DSEL VOD
TARG 01 02
SRCH LIN
ARDN NO
CLEN 10
ICIS YES
IDEF NET
NATL YES
OGIS YES
PANS YES
PSEL DMDM
SGRP 0
TIDY 240 11
TRMB YES
TTBL 0

A sample trunk:

TYPE TIE
TN 019 1
DES 3N
RTMB 11 1
TGAR 0
NCOS 7
PCML MU
PDCA 1
SICA 1
TMP 600

Can you give an example of the whole number you would dial to get from one 81C to the other?
If you are trying to go from one 81 to the other 81 to pass LD traffic for example, to go out circuits on the second PBX, you would use LD 90 to route the call, not a CDP. (It is difficult to tell what you are trying to do from your initial explaination.) You would then have to use DMI to insert the access # for LD calls

Yup, that is where I am at. I input the HLOC and LOC in LD 90, but I am not sure what I am missing.

From one 81c to another is 5 digits, and within is 5 digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back