Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 SSC Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkp20

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2007
US
I have 3 cabinets in my facility, two in my main server room and one in another half of the building. The standalone cabinet is a remote cabinet which is connected to the main via Ethernet. The SSC card is now showing a yellow light on port two and my OTM is giving these errors:

SRPT017 OMM: IP link is UP between Call Server/Main Cabinet and Media Gateway/Expansion
Cabinet 4

IOD372 LSECDR: File c:/u/smp_db/dba.cdr is available on Media Gateway/Expansion Cabinet

XMI002 41 XDLC

XMI002 42 XMLC

XMI002 43 XMLC

XMI002 44 XMLC

XMI002 45 XMLC

XMI002 46 XMLC

XMI002 47 XMLC

XMI002 50 XDLC

SRPT016 OMM: IP link is DOWN between Call Server/Main Cabinet and Media Gateway/Expansio
n Cabinet 4

the system will come up for a few seconds then go back down. so im assuming that the SSC card or the daughter-board went bad. I have a spare SSC card that was connected to another cabinet which was removed a year ago. if i replace this SSC card with the spare one will it work? Remember the spare SSC card was once active and running with our configuration, we just took it down because everyone in that half of the bldg was moved.

It sounds as if you have a CS1000s system?. Each of the expansion cabinets has a SSC card that acts as a media gateway.
One of two things may have happened.

1) Your IP daughter board might be faulty

2) The daughter board that houses the Media gateway card on the expansion SSC CPU card is corrupted. The quickest way is to put in a TTY (0) cable onto the expansion cabinet to see if you can connect. In my experience, I've have more of these fail than the IP daughter boards.
If this is the case, then you will need the software on a PCMCIA card and then format the daughter board, before reloading the Media software onto it.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

If your spare SSC card is from one of the other redundant expansion cabinets, then you could just swap out the daughter board. From memory, the IP daughter board has a specific MAC address that needs to be configured in programming.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

thanks for the info. so can you explain how to change the daughterboards mac in the system. im pretty savvy when it comes to configurations in the CS1000 but this ive never done before.

also the tty cable is a no go because the distance is to far. the cabinet with the issues resides in a different part of the building which is to far to run a cable.

At this stage, I'd get a tech in to look at the system. As far as the TTY cable is concerned, I would hook up a Laptop with a serial port onto it at the cabinet that is having the problem.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler

thanks much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back