Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 SOFTWARE QUESTION 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjnm

Technical User
Apr 16, 2008
US
Hi there, does anyone know of a feature in 5.0 CS1000 that allows a secretary to barge into a conversation with only the boss/manager hearing each other.

I doubt very much there is any such feature, as how would the other person on the phone know that he wasn't hungup on. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

thank you. I know the console has the feature and I was hoping maybe something along the lines of the silent observe but with only the internal party hearing.
Thanks!!

The console Barge in doesn't split the call, it just allows the ATT to talk to both partys and tell them there is another call waiting and that call can't hear the ATT. Your request was for the Sec to talk to just the Boss and the person talking to the Boss wouldn't hear any of that exchange.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Your right, Just for the boss and secretary to hear and I did read the barge in and your right it barges into a trunk and all parties on that trunk hear the att
thanks again. You also bring up a good point, if the external caller cannot hear for that time the secretary speaks to the boss, it may seem like a hang up or poor connection, trouble on the line. that is probably why there is no feature. thanks

I think you mean the console can split the call and talk to either party privately. (You do Busy Verify on the DN, then press Exclude Source or Exclude Destination and you can split a call. Loop back in and they re-join)

You gotta really know the console to do 'BIN' and 'BVR' though...plus, you need a console :)

I think station feature "Override" is as close as you can get to what you want - but _that_ feature cannot split the call.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

FAQ on consoles

-Barge In (KEY BIN) is when you want to select/enter a call by trunk
-Busy Verify (KEY BVR)is when you want to select/enter a call by DN
-Both enter the call and both can split, talk privately. talk to all or split then rejoin.
-Exclude Source lets the Attendant speak privately to the call originator
-Exclude Destination lets the Attendant speak privately to the called party.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Thanks to you both acewarlock and ghtrout. You make the information clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back