Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 SIP Phone and Shared Line Appearance on non-SIP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustinTilton

Systems Engineer
Feb 16, 2018
US
We have a CS1000 ver 7.6. We have a couple types of SIP conference phones Avaya B179 and Polycom Trios. The SIP phones register to the CS1000 and can make and receive calls fine. Both SIP conference phones have the same issue.

The SIP conference phone is in an exec office. Their admin has an 12004 with sidecar containing shared line appearances for all of the SIP conference phones in the exec offices.

The admins are able to answer the incoming calls fine, but if they put the call on hold using their 2004, there is no way to pick up the held call on the SIP conference phone.

It works the other way around. If you make a call from the SIP conference call, then put the person you called on hold, you can go to the non-SIP (2004 or 1140) and the shared line appearance will be blinking and can be answered by pressing the SLA button.

It appears that the SIP phone is not getting notified that the remote phone placed the call on hold on the shared line. Is this just a limitation of having SIP conference phones? We have the admins working around it by placing the outbound call for the exec using their own line, then transferring to the SIP conference phone when the exec is ready, but of course they prefer to do it the way it worked before we replaced all of the 2033 IP conference phones and analog Polycoms.

I would guess that its a bug, you could open a case to get it investigated. Another work around might be call park.

my guess is this is the trade off from using propriety N'tel/Avaya phones to generic SIP end points

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Maybe call park would work ?

I used to have super powers but my therapist took them away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back