Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Release 6 IP NODE Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellbee

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
CA
I suppose this will be a simple question for most of you guys. I am currently installing a CS1K pbx for our lab, I have limited skills with the CS1000 equipment, but our main IT guy is away for a few weeks so..

My question is the following :

I have installed the linux base, Base manager, UCM, etc.
I have also configured the MGC and Co-Res CP-PM so far they are registered together and I can ping both of them from the linux base. I have built a superloop (004) to link them together. I also have assigned ip addresses to my DSP'S on the MGC, these ip are in the same range as my TLAN . Next step for me is to build an ip node in Element manager and link the CPPM (SS & CS) with the MGC but for some reason this won't work. The Signaling Server is able to synch (192.168.0.10) but when its time to synch the MGC Card (192.168.0.30) in this node it fails as per Element Manager message says : unable to connect on the server.

Just a basic node with a mgc card and a signaling server linked together, thats just what i am trying to do. What would be the first thing I should be looking at when im trying to build an ip node in Element Manager ? Maybe I should do it using the CLI ? Is it possible ?? The Nortel docs I have is not clear about this.

If you need more details please let me know.

Thank you so much !

Justin

you have to use the cli on the mgc card and do a ipsecjoin.
we were able to get the mgc card to register along with the cs only when the vgw channels were not built. the ipsecjoin may have uppercase lowercase restrictions.

I will try this tomorrow. This is using the OAM login on the MGC right?

yes at the oam prompt. if successful, when u log back into the mgc using your ucm user/password it should take you directly into the lbt prompt. also after ipsecjoin the mgc will have to reboot. it should do it by itself but might take a few minutes to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back