Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 R7.5 install -deployment fails due to Dongle/Keycode mismatch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobertb

Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
US
Check your dongle ID against your keycode sheet before you start your install. This sounds really basic but I never had a mismatch before so I didn't check.

The 7.5 install process throws you a red herring because during the part of the install process in UCM where you add the CS1000 Call Server, it asks you for keycode file & database. Yeah,well it takes the keycode file and proceeds as if you're good to go....

Then when you actually try to "Deploy", it craps out and wants you to tell it where the keycode file is again. You tell it the same file and it tells you the dongle ID doesn't match the keycode and flips you the bird.

The red herring for me was that I was too stupid to pull out the dongle at that point and check. I thought there was some kind of install s/w corruption and opened a ticket with Avaya. After 1/2 a day they hadn't got back to me so I had nothing else to do so I powered down and checked the dongle. MISMATCH. So I had to open another ticket with Avaya with a different group. Still waiting.

Hi.

FYI, if this is a CPMG CoRes system it could also be a fault with the sw delivered with the card itself. You then need to upgrade the card with a cpmg.bin file you can receive from Avaya support. The procedure is defined in a bulletin. Before you upgrade the CPMG card, you will never be able to pass the keycode check during deployment.

I2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back