Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 PBX: Phones call themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodrigo Garay

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2018
MX
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my PBX Nortel/Avaya CS1000. Several times a day at different times, the phones start to dial themselves as if it were a programmed routine. All phones start calling like crazy themselves

Someone has happened to this?

Any ideas to correct it?

regards

Rodrigo,

When you say "dial themselves" do you mean the phones start ringing? or do you mean the phones start calling other phones?
If the phones start ringing it sounds like a wake up call was programmed.
If the phones start calling other phones it would be an issue with autodial. OR a testing routine that was programmed to repeat
I work for a hotel and will see a phone that calls the front desk at random. Its usually a stuck autodial key, or a hotline and the hang up hook is bad.
(We had to tell the houskeepers to stop putting furniture polish on the phones, even though it does make them look nice. It would build up and clog the keys!)
But its usually only one set at a time.
the more detail you can provide about the issue and your system, the more we can help you.

GUIs are a passing fad

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Aliens its always Aliens

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor