Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 - Outside Line Access (dialing 9) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geepers36

Technical User
Dec 28, 2009
US
Good Morning All,

We are experiencing a lot of 911 hang-ups and I think it is due to the dialing "9" for an outside line. Has any changed that number (9) before and if so, is it something I can do without contacting out for? Thank you.

Woody

If "9" is yours BARS AC1 access code it is very easy to change, the hard part is retraining your personnel. If "9" is your trunk ACOD then it is very easily changed also.

LD 86, print ESN datablock to see what the current AC1 and AC2 access codes are. Then change the appropriate one to whatever you want. It may help if you go to LD 20 and print the LUDN first to see what digits are available.

Thank you, I will look at the BARS and ACOD, my supervisor will handle training the 750 users. Thank you again.

Thank you Kroon, I will do that as well.

It wont take them long to figure out "9" no longer works. Send out an e-mail the day before you change it.

My supervisor is drafting the email as we type.

You could also look at setting up the ESA data block in LD 24, there are some options in there for misdial prevention.

OMG, don't change the "9" LOL. Set up ESA so 911 is defined in LD24 - then turn on Misdial prevention.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Here is an example of a Rls 5.x basic ESA 911 implementation.

[tt]>LD 24

REQ PRT
TYPE ESA
CUST 0

CUST 0

ENTR 0
ESDN 911 (This is what processes “just 911”. This is NOT a 9,911 call from here)
ESRT 29 (The main PRI route number for us)
DDGT 911
MISDIAL_PREVENTION YES
MISDIAL_DELAY 2
ALOW_LASTDIG_REPEAT YES
DFCL 4143676245 (the default Caller ID if all my CLIDs are wrong)
OSDN
VOLO_COUNT 0

>LD 90
ESN000

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE SPN

SPN 911 (This is what allows 9,911 to work – notice RLI 91 is LTER=YES, in other words, process this internally. It strips the first 9, become “just 911” where the LD24 ESA data block takes over and processes the call)

SPN 911
FLEN 0
INPL NO
CLTP NONE
RLI 91 <- See RLI below
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

>LD 86
ESN000

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT RLB
RLI 91

RLI 91
ENTR 0
LTER YES – This means “strip the 9 for an outside line”
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
___ 4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
FRL 0
DMI 91 – a DMI that “does nothing” is required for this to work. See below
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO

ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT DGT
DMI 91

DMI 91
DEL 0
ISPN NO
CTYP NCHG
[/tt]

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Good Morning All,

I have had no luck with any of the previous suggestion, so I ask this question. I can access System Terminal and Element Manager, which program would I use to change AC1. It looks like I would change AC1 in LD 86. So I tried to change it there...No Luck!

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 50214501 USED U P: 1174465 241111 TOT: 51630077
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 342 KBYTES
REQ

ESN004
REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT ESN

MXLC 0
MXSD 30
MXIX 0
MXDM 100
MXRL 80
MXFC 60
MXFS 0
MXSC 120
NCDP 4
[highlight #FCE94F]AC1 9[/highlight]
AC2 88
DLTN YES
ERWT YES
ERDT 6
TODS 0 00 00 23 59
RTCL DIS

That is where you change it in LD 86. You have to change it to a unused # in your numbering plan

You need to use the second level password I believe.

Thanks Gene. I have limited knowledge of our CS1000 Nortel switch. I can STAT, CHG in LD 11, ENLL, ENLU, DISL and DIS DCH. I can MOV, CPY 1, and EDD. That's why I gravitated toward changing the dial-out access number, it looked the simplest. I will go look around LD 24 and 90. Thanks again.

If you are not comfortable with advanced programming I would stay out of LD 24 and LD 90, you could very easily go from bad to worse in a hurry. Changing AC 1 is very simple

The last thing I need is "WORSE", they freak out around here when they forget their voicemail password.

Sigh.... Changing AC1 is a reputation killer - possible a career limiting move. Reason being, there is no reason to do it. Want to go down in history as "That guy who change us away from "9" for an outside line" ?

Trust me, someone after you will change it back to 9. I mean, just email me and I will walk you through any of these changes. I don't charge for this. I am just an end-user like you.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back