Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 - Option 81 - MC-32 Cards - ELAN Speed and Duplex Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympus41

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2002
US
Is there a way to change the ELAN Speed & Duplex to 100-Full from within a MC-32 card? If so, how should this be done?

Thank you.

I would say there might be a way, but I wouldn't do it. Are you having network issues? If you force the interface to a specific speed/duplex setting you also have to set the switch to the same parameters, and sets you up for future issues when you swap equipment and forget that you hard-set that switch port.

Also, if you have older processor (SSC for example), they only run at 10 Mbps; there shouldn't be that much traffic on an ELAN to require full duplex.

We are showing collisions on the network switch that those elans are plugged into.

I think the ELAN has to be 10 half. I don't think the OPT81 backplane supports any higher. The OPT11 can go to 10 full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back