Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 One extension/mulitple calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2014
CA
Hi,

I'm new to administering our phone system using the cs 1000 manager. We have a user who made a request to have a feature changed without realizing what they were asking. As a result I moved the original feature and don't recall what it was.

The original set-up apparently had the users extension showing on 2 buttons (Nortel M3904) and when a call would come in and she was on the phone, her second instance would flash and she could place the first call on hold and answer the second. I tried switching the feature to call waiting and it put the 'call waiting' on her screen but didn't enable to feature set that we need. I also added a second 'SNR with her extension which made it look right with the 2 extensions showing on her screen, however if she is on her line it goes right to voice mail and doesn't give the option to switch lines.

I'm sorry if I'm missing information to better explain this setup. If there is more that I can provide to clear this up please let me know, and thanks in advance for any assistance that is provided.

Hi,

Change the SCR (Single Call) to MCR (Multi Call). You need to remove the SCR's 1st before you can add the DN as a MCR.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Change LHK to 1, assuming you still have the two extensions programmed on the phone, if the first is busy it will hunt up to the second key.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried to change it as instructed and get a message (SCH0369) that 'Function conflicts with existing call arrangement.' This user has additional SCR's setup to be able to answer their lines as well. If that's the reason for the error message, is it possible to have the best of both worlds?

Thanks again for the help
Jeff

You cannot mix SCR and MCR with the same number

Like I posted... 1st remove the scr's then program the mcr [2thumbsup]

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back