Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 - Increase # of rings on ONE phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

np247

MIS
Aug 27, 2013
CA
I have seen similar questions asked but I am unsure if the answers are applicable for this scenario.
I have 1 user who would like the # of rings prior to calls going to voicemail increased.
I am unsure how to do this. I've seen this: but I feel this would be global, rather than user specific.
Forgive my lack of experience on this subject :)

Self-connecting dots here... may be wrong... but...

ld 21
req: prt
type: rdr_data
cust: 0

I care about the following:
CFN0 4
CFN1 3
CFN2 5
DFN0 4
DFN1 4
DFN2 4

I perform the following:
ld 20
req: prt
type: tnb
tn: 252 0 00 02

I care about:
RCO 0

Am I correct that RCO 0 is equal to the number of rings configured for CFNO 0? In this case, 4?

Yes, keep in mind this changes all sets using RCO 0.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

Perfect. Go guess work!

I did a search through the TN's and I see everyone is using 0, and 1 person is using 2.
If I were to change CFN1 from 3 to 10, then go to the one specific set and change the RCO from 0 to 1, everything should work? :)

Fun turn of events; when attempting to access LD 15 I get "OVL309" -- You do not have access to that Overlay. I'm guessing I'd have to reach out to the carrier for a higher level of access for this then?

Yes, the settings in RDR are global. But I have three settings that all users use one of them. 2 rings, 4 rings and 6 rings. So, for our users, 4 rings is standard. If someone wants shorter ring cycle, they get the setting for two rings. If they want longer ring cycle, they get 6 rings. You might want to set yours to something similar. They may not get the number of rings they want, but you can offer shorter or longer.

0 = 4 rings
1 = 2 rings
2 = 6 rings

Hope that makes sense.

--Steve

Award a star if this post is helpful.

By carrier you mean your customer premise equipment or maintenance vendor? Some of them don't like customers messing with the customer data block.

I want to say maintenance vendor but I will report back. I've e-mailed the vendor, until then I am at their mercy.

np247,

I don't remember what exactly I did for someone some years ago. But I think there is a ring timer that can be set. Maybe this will jog someone's memory.

>****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back