Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Forward 911 calls to RedSky

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwharry

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2010
US
Hello, I currently utilize PRI service and my provider will not pass anything to the PSAP but the billing number and address for 911 calls. So I recently subscribed to RedSky E911 Anywhere to support some VOIP sets I will be deploying at a remote site. E911 Anywhere works by forwarding 911 calls to a central number where they take your DID and map it to the ERL information you have provided them and forward it on to the correct PSAP. I have tried to get 911 cells to route to a 11 digit number (1+area code). So far I have failed to get this to work. I created a new DMI entry and added that to the current RLI for 911. When I dial 911 I get a fast busy with an error of ES059 INVALID DN LENGTH 11.

Anyone know why I cannot get this to dial out correctly?

Thx

Yes ESA is programmed. 911 calling is currently working. But in order to incorporate Red Sky's E911 service I must redirect 911 calls to their service number which is an 11 digit number. That is when I run into problems. If I create a DMI to insert the 11 digit number it fails when calling 911.

The ESA data block overrides anything in BARS. If you are using ESA how are you inserting a DMI table? There is no place to do that.

Not sure if you can make it work but look at page 70 in the Emergency Services Access (553-3001-313) Standalone configuration (on-site call answering). You can point the call back into your system and have it answered by an ACD set or maybe in your case Call Forward the ACD to the RedSky number.

But note:
This configuration does not provide what the legislation requires.
However, in jurisdictions where no legislation yet exists, there are
requirements for it. If it is used, you should be aware that later legislation
may require you to reconfigure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back