Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 DTA300 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostin

Technical User
Sep 5, 2007
GB
hi all

new to the forum & nortel equipment so sorry for any silly questions ... & apologise for the 2nd post , my error !!

we are running a large CS1000 , running 4.0. various bearers from BT & NTL .. DASSII & Q931 .

we have just installed a PRI2 for connection to a GSM Gateway but we are recieving lots of error messages DTA300.
eventually the bearer is dropped ...
Gateway guy proved the connection to his equipment on a trend ...

the current config is set so we are User & his equipment is network ? could this be because we are recieving 2 clocking sources ? if so can the CS1000 be set so it is Network & his kit as user , we can then send clock ?

any ideas on where we should start ?

only one clock source is active.. ld 60 ssck... you can't clock your switch off of more then one source at a time.. little thing about time division multiplexing, it sorta needs a stable clock.. you can make a t1 clock off of the far end but your ddb picks one t1 as a clock source.. if that is not built then the cpu does have an internal clock and will use that in freerun mode.. not a problem IF your pris don't slip... in any switch without a digital link the internal clock works forever.

usually we clock off of our ld carrier, with the local carrier as a backup

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

john

that makes 100% sense , thank you !!

is there any rules which normally cause SLIP ? our provider has changed some parameters which apprently will reset the DTA300 counters after 15 mins i believe , but my issue is if it will be stable.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back