Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Crashing daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2011
KW
Hi,
Our CS1000 is crashing daily at random times. When users use the IP Phone sets, they don't hear any tune, and the IP Phone set's LCD shows only date, after clicking any buttons, it shows "Server unreachable". So we just restart the PBX, and in 5 minutes it's back to normal.

I need to know what events it's logging, So what is the command to see the event logs are the restart, or during the event, if I can connect the terminal.

I have checked with Avaya support, and they raised their hands saying it's obsolete, and they don't have any hardware or part to support.

Don't know how to resolve it.

What release is the system and what kind of CPU is it? If you have PDT access you can look at the debug log it does not get erased after a reboot. If you have a separate signaling server you could look at those logs as well.

Lots more information needed. Doesn't sound like it's crashing but rather a service or a network issue. Server unreachable means it cant get to the TLAN Node IP for some reason

Last time I had one acting up, it wasn't daily, but was very intermittent. Took a long time to narrow it down to a flakey power supply. I swapped it out and never had any more troubles. As I recall, the only way I caught it was I happened to be standing there when it put up a message about something power related and it cleared rather quickly. It dropped numerous calls at the same time this happened. Or at least it quit processing audio to the sets. I don't know that they wet completely blank or not...? It was odd.... just something to watch for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back