Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 Change Number In Auto Attendant Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley1570

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2010
US
Alright, I cannot seem to figure this out for the life of me. We have one CS1000 and one 600r Call Pilot Server. We only have about 40 employee's so this shouldn't be to complicated. Please excuse my ignorance because I'm kind of a newbie to this. OK, so our company uses what I think is called Auto Attendant. So when someone calls the main line the voice mail system automatically picks up, and there is a voice recording of a list of options. Like Press 1 for engineering, press 2 for manufacturing, etc... Now all I want to do is change the extension number the caller is transferred to when the caller presses say 1 or 2 or whatever. Reason being is the person is no longer with the company, and we need to have it transfer to a usable extension. Is there a procedure someone could walk me through to be able to perform these tasks. We have 1140E, and 1120E IP Phones, if that helps. The receptionist desk has the stack extender thing connected to it as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Browse Callpilot Manager.
Check the service directory number and mapped application name.
Using Callpilot application builder,Open the file.It is tool pretty simple and graphical.Double click on the transfer options and change the extension numbers.Save the file.

JT

Is there a way to do this through Telnet? I can't seem to find the application builder software. I called our reseller and they said that they would charge for them to put it on their FTP site for me to download. Which I kind of think is wrong because we have a maintenance contract with them. But anyways, is this possible? If so could you give me a quick walk through?

Thanks,
Jason

do you have access to the nortel website? Or do you have the disks that came with your system?

Application builder is on the disks that came with your system. It is not an individual disk, but an application on the Call PIlot Application CD.

Or.

If you have access to the Software section in Technincal Support on the Nortel website it is there free of charge.

If your vendor loaded the Call Pilot they should have left this for you to load on a PC since the disks belong to you and not them. Tell them if they don't provide it then you are sending out your maintenance for bid and they are not invited to bid on the maintenance.

it's amazing in this economy that service providers still have the old bell head mentality. All else fails to message me and I can get the software.

Yeah tell me about it, it's really aggravating when you're trying to get things done. The only disks I found laying around here is just documentation disks.

As for access to the Nortel website, our vendor only gave me access to the forums pretty much. They would not give me access to the software downloads section. So I called Nortel directly and they said that our vendor would have to give me access and that Nortel would not be able to do it. They said it has to come from our vendor.

I just e-mailed our vendor about ten minutes ago for the second time, and still have gotten no answer. If they do answer, I can guarantee that they're going to want to charge us for this service.

Get rid of that vendor! You're being treated with no respect. You are paying them for service, and they are feeding you crap. Janaya is exactly right. This is grounds to cancel that maintenance contract and find a vendor who really want your business. I'll bet your vendor has your system disks!
For a quickie, you could out the old set, then add that extension number to the new set to ring.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

janaya,

Sorry, please excuse my ignorance. I'm new to these forums. How do you go about messaging someone?

I'm not getting any help out of our vendor. They still have not gotten back with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back