Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 7.0 upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooddy

Technical User
Jan 7, 2008
LC
Im in the process of upgrading a pabx from rls. 4.5 to rls 7.0 I'm using the CPMG for IPMG 0 0 amd two MGC cards for 0 1 and 0 4.
However none of the cards and the VGWC in the main cabinet comes up.

I know the MGC has to be registered with the Primary Security Domain. Do I have to register the IPMG with the Security Domain? If so ow do i get this done

Sorry how do i register the CPMG with the security domain

In release 6, you would use the LD 117 command 'register ucmsecurity system' to register all your MGs and the CS or 'register ucmsecurity device' to register just the CS. Does that work? When only some things are registered, I find it better to unregister everything, then register them all together.
'unregister ucmsecurity system'
'register ucmsecurity system'

As stated by hwking you can register them in OVL117 with the command "reg ucm sys". When you do this it automaticly types in the elan of the primary callserver. If it dosent work with that ip try entering the Callserver Tlan adress here.
There is alot of issues with this atleast in Rel6. You can aswell telnet to the MGC oam shell and use "joinSecDomain".
Then typing in the callserver IP and "admin" user credentials.

In rel7 you can allso try from OVL117 to type "reg ucm sys force".
Should work then. Have had alot of issues in networks where Elan and Tlan aint routed together. In that case you can try to Disable Secure transferes for the system and see if the doughterboards atain the dbxml files, That should open the vgw channels then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back