Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS1000 4.0 programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmdude

Vendor
Dec 1, 2004
US
I have a CS1000 4.0, the customer has the DIDrntcl key on their operator set (3904). during business hours they allow all DID calls to hit the main phone to screen calls. after hours they push the DIDRcntl button for after hours mode. All calls that are forwarded off campus during the day to cell phones etc. those calls complete when the DIDRcntl key is off-not activeacted. as soon as they activate of turn this on all forward calls to off campus stop processing. where would I look to change this, they want the forwarded calls to go to cells etc when the DIDRcntl is activated. they are using the call forward key programmed as such 9xxx-yyyy local call.

A 3904 isn't technically an Operator set, and there is no key I know called DIDrnctl. But I would look at the programming of the phone that performs this action. It might just be a Call Forward key. If that were the case, just reprogram the key from the phone.

It could be something much more complex I suppose, such as a Central Office feature that is activated from the phone. Either way, I think it's important to print that phone's programming.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

prt the tnb of the set and post it.. more then likely it's a forward key

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

That's an even better idea.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

guys, I am old and grey but only forced to work on primarliy BCM systems. Back in the day I was the on the top PBX service guys in the business. This key exists and key is the DRC key Nortel DRC DID Route Control key is in the ATT 2250 programming guide. News to me you can program it on a 3904 used as the operator if defined as the "0" SET. Please find the print below, I just need to get a handle on how to make the call forward function from a users set under the same attendant forward when this key is activated. Works perfect when not activated. thanks!

REQ PRT
TYPE TNB
TN 2 15
DATE
PAGE
DES
DES OPER
TN 002 0 00 15
TYPE 3904
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 7000
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD OCBD FLXD FTTC MCBN
CDMR
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 1
HUNT 7000
LHK 4
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 0002 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Front Desk
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 2002 D MARP
02 SCR 2003 D MARP
03 SCR 2004 D MARP
04 SCR 2005 D
05 DRC 0
16 MWK 7000
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16 0016
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
27 CLT
28 RLT
DATE 10 NOV 2008

NACT

The DRC key is invoking the Night IDC table for route 0. If you want certain extensions to follow their day programming, you will need to remove then from the night IDC table for your route.

Easy answer! Thanks eveyone for the help, much appreciated! If you need BCM support, this is all I eat, sleep and breath lately. Sorry for the print that was a little long.

Wow, you win post of the day for this. The feature is complex, and you need to have the book at your side for this. It is not a quick change.

You can get the books quickly here.
Look at the "N-R" guide under "Night Key for Direct Inward Dialing (DID) Digit Manipulation" Page 121 through 126

~~~

ok how do I print the night IDC table and modify it! I know load 49, but how do I get to night!

Our posts crossed, so I highly suggest you have those books. You'll see LD49 in it too.

~~~

Looks like there is no night IDC it is just the table referenced as NDNO and DCNO. which references the IDC table? Help! Not to familier with this anymor please explain the settings in the RDB for the route.

LD 21 REQ PRT TYPE RDB ROUT 0 (which it sounds like you did)

Then, LD49 REQ PRT TYPE IDC (the NDNO and DCNO values you found on the route)

~~~

In the route data block the number after DCNO is the day idc table. the number after NDNO is the night idc table. They can be the same number, but don't have to be.

At this point, I would suggest getting the books from GHTrout's post, and reading up on the feature so that you don't break something in the process of 'fixing' your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back