Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS 5000 upgrade from v1.2 to v5 ??? Mitel Service Assurance SWA Question please !! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambola1uk

Vendor
Nov 29, 2013
GB
Hi need to upgrade customer from V1.2 to v5, will the SWA cover all this upgrades? This is what i have been told:

How to enrol:
Purchase part number - 54004228 from the Mitel On-line store, (it is priced at the 1 year charge of SWAS for the Mitel 5000).
It includes 12 months of software assurance + the enrolment into the Software Assurance program. Therefore, the coverage is not technically provided "free" for the 12 months - the customers are paying for the 12 months coverage as included in the enrolment part number.

How to upgrade after enrolment:
(If the customer is on software version 2.3, in order to upgrade them to the latest software the following needs to be done:
Customer will need to enrol in the program with part number 54004228 (£250, MLP) which will get them to V3.2 and then they'll need to order 54005326 (no charge) to get them up to version 4 and from there, they can upgrade to the latest version just by using the 1 year SWAS that comes included with the 54004228 enrollment part).

Question is would buying the SWA save me all the cost of upgrading from v1.2 to v5??

I would want SWA for tech support if you run into issues during upgrade process.

When factoring costs: You will probably need a bigger Compact Flash card, based on the current version number they are at.

When you enroll in the software assurance program this will let you upgrade to the latest release V6 as well as receieving tech support but as per 619Tech you will need to check the compact flash card as the older systems only came with 512MB cards and you will require at minimum a 1Gb card.

We usally generate a software assurance quote from the AMC and when the order is placed with Mitel it's assigned straight to the customer. No need to order all the upgrade part numbers.

I am being told because is an old version (v1.2) the SWA will only cover from v.2 so i will need to pay for the upgrade from v1.2 to v.2 around £600?? Mitel dont have a clear message on this as you speak to different people from different departments and they all give you a different answer !! Still very confused about it !

I wouldn't believe any answer they give you until you actually place the order anyway. I've been there. Told one thing and when I placed the order got told another which was about £1K more expensive. To give Mitel their due and since I had emails to prove what I had been told in the first place we managed to get the cost down a fair amount.

Admittedly I haven't come across a system on V1.2 for a while now but last Monday I had to do an upgrade from V3.2 to V6.0 all we did was generate a software assurance quote on the AMC placed the order with Mitel and I could then download a V6.0 license, I just checked that account on the AMC and I can select any version from 1.0 through to 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back