Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cs 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankdaphoneguy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
US
Anyone no anything about these things

YES and NO

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

My company is converting to VOIP and I got the lucky task of managing this project. This is the list of what is being installed, any ideas on how long it will take if we hire 4 Nortel techs, and 4 cable techs?
CS1000E High Availability release 5.5
10-Port CallPilot Voice Mail system w/ 250 mailboxes
6-PRI cards and associated CSU's (single)
190-M3904 charcoal sets
12- Key based expansion modules (10-single foot stands and 1 double foot stand)
1-16 port analog card to support analog devices
15-Digital Line cards
240-Digital ISM's
16-Analog ISM's
1-8 port Universal trunk card -
Contact Center release 6.0 w/96 agents & 10 supervisors
96-ACD Agents ISM's
2-hour UPS
1-SEB Alarm Modem
PBX terminal and keyboard package
3-Basic Polycom Units
1-Large MIRAN Card
8-Recorded Announcement Unit (RAN) - 8 licenses
20-Music Conference Licenses
1-Power Fail Transfer Unit (PFT)
4-single line sets (M8004) for PFT unit
Install T1's prior to cutover weekend
End user training (voice mail and station)
Tech to be onsite for first live day--8 hours
Tech onsite for Friday night cutover
Remote Obsv Base Pkg (2 Ports)

This is an impossable question to answer as there are to many varibles, Like the skill level of the Tech's, is all equipmet working and no bad equipment. is this all on 1 floor and 1 building, are there any building obstructions that would delay the install.

The best answer I can give you is to hire a Vendor and let him submit a Bid and see if you can live with it.

Why 8 techs? Is the suite cabled? If everything goes smoothly and you are already wired, I would say no more than 4 techs 4 to 5 days.... max.

2 techs installing and programming, 2 techs setting up phones/troubleshooting.

Is this a vacant suite or are you currently operational? If operational, install new system, minus phones, and do all your testing in the server room(if possible) prior to the cut.

If it's vacant.... then you have plenty of time to install and troubleshoot prior to moving in. Get started asap.

I also don't understand why cable techs, if it's a cutover. A cutover means your up and working. All of this will be rack-mounted, so xjswx idea of getting the switch and Vmail working is correct. M3904s don't need any desis, just program switch in advance. Reuse line cords, it will save allot of time and grief.

End-user training is critical. Usually set it up in the conf. room, working off the working CS1000/Call Pilot. You can do it in waves. The Call Center training is the most important.

I say 4 Nortel techs, should deliver on Monday and sit down with you and discuss the big picture. Tues. and Wend. they install. Training on Thurs. and Fri. Cut after hours, Friday night. In service with 2 guys on Monday.

You get promotion.

Adversity is Opportunity

Note the "My company is converting to VOIP" and then the details show a total analog/digital deployment.

I agree w/ Ace AND Dewy.

Too many unknowns to give an accurate bid, yet w/ that kind of manpower, a week of long days should be proficient.

Your authorized dealer should be able to give you a good idea on a timeframe and costs. Be sure to add 20% to your projected timetable for unknowns that always seem to pop up.

NOTE: Make sure that tech support is available for your guys... just in case!

You guys forgot the Symposium programming, that alone could take a week depending on the scripting and agent requirements. 96 agents sounds like at least a few queues.

Why 190 3904 sets? I think you can get by with 3905 sets and save some money for the agent phones. You would be buying a headset for them anyway. Usually 20-50.00 difference depending where you are getting them. 100 of them would save at least 2000.00 and make yourself look good for saving the company money.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I should would like the magic wegeboard everyone is using so I could become a consultant. I've been doing this for more then 30 years and I couldn't give a price/Time for all these unknowns without seeing the site and what conditions I would have to contend with.

By the way, this question is in the wrong Forum as he is putting in a PBX not a BCM.

Agreed ace, but this guy obviously is being thrown to the lions. Any help or ideas is better than none. We all know, the best laid plans for a cut always go awry.

I can guarantee to you, me and three guys I get to pick, would have this done in a week of 6 hour days.

Adversity is Opportunity

Hard to say how long it would take when you don't even know if the building has house cabling, and if it does, is it labelled and working?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I don't care how much we all want to help this guy, with out the SPEC's for the Building and 90 other things, any advice we give here is worthless and anybody that say's otherwise has never done a install project as the ENG. Other then Equipment we have no info and is it the right equipment?

The best advice I can honestly give about this Project is to get some PROFESSIONAL help or you will go down with the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back