Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS 1000 - Lifecycle Update 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that applies to Opt 11 as well?

Currious as to what others are planning to do with thier systems? Are you taking the Avaya offering to move into one of thiers, or are you moving to another solution? We have a pretty fair amount of things that rely on analog dial ups and data transmissions - so going to a VOIP system would make that part more challenging that I care for. Our IT shop is heavily vested in CISCO - so you know they want to lean that way, but the price is murder! I know our budget is not going to be big, which is why we have stuck with an Opt 81 at rev 4.0 for so long. Not sure when to pull the plug in this thing? I would imagine vendor support is going to dry up pretty quickly after 2018.......

Everything that has gone wrong with the old iron has already been figured out. It is unlikely you will ever need Avaya to do anything with an old system. The problem will be if you need to add something (feature, licenses, etc)

For us, we are replacing all of our small site systems (35 sites) with Avaya CM. One core system with a gateway at each location. For our three large sites, we are upgrading to 7.6 with the long term plan of putting everything on the CM.

We will also replace all of our voice mail systems with a single Avaya AAM. No more Call Pilup.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Everything that has gone wrong with the old iron has already been figured out. It is unlikely you will ever need Avaya to do anything with an old system.
lol, very true.
The problem will be if you need to add something (feature, licenses, etc)
Exactly.

That's why you guys need to explore the EMetrotel version.....The head designer for the Option 11 works for them as well as a lead engineer for CS1000.

"Keep the Peace, Use RLS"

Avaya promised a lengthy period of support when they bought Nortel, and I'm glad to see 7.6 is GA and fully supported for at least the next five years. The Nortel footprint worldwide is just too big for them to abandon us or force upgrades. True, it gets tricky - as with any system - when you fall behind several releases, but like Gene said, unless you need new licenses or features, you can probably ride that PBX for many, many more years.

We were having the exact same discussion. Our plan is upgrade to AACC for now and get maybe 8-10 years down the road and finally put in Avaya CMS :) We have not put in 7.6 yet but we probably will soon (along with CallPilot 5.1). I am ready to move to AAM instead since we have AppBuilder issues - can't open any existing or create new menus = frustrating.

AAM isn't near the product Call Pilot is and their is no integration for Access or IVR Ports to AAM, you would have to buy the Experience Portal in conjunction with AAM and a Miran Card to do everything Call Pilot does in one box. So you need to buy 3 things to do what a single Call Pilot Server will do.

AAM is definitely not like CP, and AAM is definitely not Windows either. AAM is good for voice mail - that is all it is really. For everything else, you use vectors in the CM.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Oh, I should have added - all of our Call Center stations will just be on CM/CMS. Everything will sort of blend with Session Manager (for lack of a better understanding on my part). Not perfect, but it is the path away from CS1000

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Ah I thought you could do menus in AAM - bummer! I haven't used (or seen) AAM yet so I definitely need a demo. Yes, I know our vendor brought up Experience Portal too. We do already have MiRAN (about 400 connections) so we are good there. I just thought that MiRANs went away based on what was told to me.
I also agree on the modular set up that Avaya has ... oh lets just add this and this and this to equal what you had before with one device on the Nortel ... haha. We didn't want to pony up nearly 1.5 mil for an Avaya system back in 2008 so we settled for Nortel around the 900k mark.

You can do very basic menus in AAM, but its not as good as what you can do in CP Ap Builder or in CM Vectors.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back