Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CS 1000 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelrob

Technical User
Jul 20, 2007
US
I'm in the process of installing a CS1000 in my lab.I have the Sig Ser loaded and now I'm trying to get the CALL SERVER UP and to join the security domain.I have RLS 6 loaded on the call server.I put in the IP addresses in ld 117 and I cant get it to join sec domain to register with the UCM.What am I doing wrong??

Are you using the "Admin" acct you set up during the UCM security config?

I'm using the admin log in for the UCM.On the PBX side I';m using the PBX log in and going to LD 117. I'm not sure if I entered the IP address in the correct place are they suppose to be the primary ?

Did you put in the command:

Ld 117

REGISTER UCM SYSTEM

It will then prompt you for the Pri UCM IP and logon info.

(# If your CS ELAN is not routable then enter the Pri UCM ELAN IP).

Once you do this all your VxWorks (CS, MGC, VGMC) cards should register into the UCM Sec Domain. You should see them listed in the UCM web page shortly afterwards. (wait 5 mins).

You should see a message on TTY like "Centralized authentication now enabled". This now means all you local CS accounts have been disabled and UCM logins must be used i.e. admin.

So the joinsecdomain isnt used? Can I do this at this point even though I dont have the MGC card set up yet?

joinsecdomain command can be used to register individual devices via pdt.

You should be using :

LD 117

REGISTER UCM SYSTEM

This will register all VxWorks devices that are connected to and inc. your call server.

You can enter the command with just call server and then enter it again when your MGC etc are online.

Ok that worked.I see it in ELEMENT MANAGER I can't access it.Theres no line under this element.

Are you reffering to the UCM screen.

The call server will show up as an entry in there but it is not a LINK, it's not accessable that way. Just shows up as an element.

You would have to use the virtual termianl link from the Element Manager from the Signaling server link.

Are you refering to the UCM screen.

The call server will show up as an entry in there but it is not a LINK, it's not accessible that way. Just shows up as an element.

You would have to use the virtual termianl link from the Element Manager from the Signaling server link.

Im moving along with the install.I have registered the MGC but it comes back with
REGISTERED SUCCESSFULLY TO PROMARY CALL SERVER

REGISTRATION DENIED:NO CABINET CONFIGURED WITH INPUT IP ADDRESS.

have you built the superloop and populated the IP of the MGC in the call server?

superloop is configured i believe i have populated the IP on the mgc it says something about elan not configured and it gives an ip address the ip adress is the address i gave for the elan for the mgc card.

Still trying to get this REGISTERED. This is a screen shot of what I get from the MGC. Still trying to figure out where I made the mistake.

FPGA VERSION is 41413132 AA12
MGC GOLD Image
MGCCAD41 Wednesday December 05 2007 12:44:33 EST
Failed to read Tlan IP address information from bootline.

*** To invoke install menu or bypass loadware upgrade enter CONTROL-I ***
Init ISEC succeeded
Registered successfully to Primary Call Server[1.1.120.49]
STARTUP: IPMG 0 557866524 registration denied: No cabinet configured with input
IP address.

Found device : INTEL 82365SL

Engcode: NTDW60BBE5 REL 02
ELAN mac address is: 00:24:00:0b:d8:cd
TLAN mac address is: 00:24:00:0b:d8:ce
RESET reason: Hard Reset.
Daughter board 1: NTDW64AAE5 R01 00:24:00:0b:f9:3a.
Daughter board 2: NOT INSTALLED.
FPGA VERSION: AA12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back