Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystl32.ocx registration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RohanP

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
IN
Hi There,
I have made a software using vb/sql server/crystal reports 7. Reports r made in Crystal Reports Designer, to display report frm VB I am using Crystl32.ocx component.

The problem is crystl32.ocx is unable to register. Whenever I try to register it executing - REGSVR32 "D:\REPORTS\Cyrstl32.ocx" -

I get the following error
----------------
- LoadLibrary (D:\REPORTS\Crystl32.ocx) failed.
Get last error returns 0x00000485.
----------------

The temp solution I thought was to do Minimum Installation of Crystal Reports on client machine. I know this is a wrong way but couldnt help it. Can anyone help me out of this problem?

Why I am getting above mentioned error while registering crystl32.ocx?
Is there need to register any other files?

Help will be appriciated ______________________________
- Regards Rohan (India,Mumbai)

Two ideas:
1. Unregister and delete the crystal32.ocx on the target machine. Try to register it and copy it into the system folder.
2. Abandon the OCX and migrate to the RDC(as suggested by CR). I did this not too long ago and I was never happier.

The functionality and control that the RDC offers blows away the OCX. Search Crystals website for the white paper on migrating from the OCX to the RDC. If you do it, you will not regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back