Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI still not seeing custom UFL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieBeattie

Programmer
Nov 29, 2002
GB
Has anyone got a custom UFL working with Crystal Reports XI as we are having no luck seeing ours in the list even though we've named it correctly and put it in the same directory as the other UFLs that can be seen. It's registered and can be called from other applications no problem. What are we missing????

Regards,

Bernie Beattie

I can see & use my Custom UFLs in Crystal XI without any problems.

Are the UFLs you are using recently created or have they worked in the past with other versions of Crystal? If recently created, be sure to follow the UFL naming & creation instructions.

hth,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I found one of my UFL's wouldn't appear in CR 9/10/11.

Eventually tracked to problem down to the source code inside the UFL. All the public functions in the UFL class module must return a valid CR data type. A function that returned a Variant stopped the UFL from appearing inside CR.

All subs should be private.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Would it be possible for one of you to post sample code of a simple ufl that works (preferrably VB). As we seem to have followed all the instructions and still don't see it. We are using VFP which isn't officially supported but even a test VB one didn't work for us.

Thanks,

Bernie

Ido's example is useful, but a little complicated with all those API calls. I've got a simple example in one of my newsletters.

I use VB as you can create an ActiveX DLL easily with that. I'm not sure VFP would do the same thing.

New VB DLL project - must be called CRUFLxxxx
New Class yyyy in a class module
Function in the class as follows

Public Function Add(i as integer, j as integer) as integer
Add=i + J
End Function

Compile and place with the other UFL's as mentioned earlier.

Do the equiv in VFP and see if that creates an Add function called xxxxyyyyAdd in the Additional Functions area of your CR designer.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back