Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal XI Developer Excel add-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
Does anyone know what file this is and how to install it? I cannot even find this as an option anywhere when installing Crystal XI developer.

Is this a download?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

I haven't used it in Xi, but when v9 & v10 were installed you could got to Excel >Tools>Add-ins and there was an option for CR. It then showed up as a button on the tool bar. Clicking it would run a CR wizard for creating a rpt from an Excel sheet.

I never like it because the steps were limited. It was easier to just fire up CR and create from there.

I have CR10 installed.

can you please tell me how to get this add-in. I don't see it in tools-->Add in

CR10, but what edition? Standard, Pro or Developer? I believe this is only available with the Developer edition.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

For XI, the Add-ins are not available by design according to Business Objects. See KBase Article ID:c2017075 on their website.

For CR 9 and 10, if you don't see the add-ins listed when in Excel or Access, you can add them by browsing to the following locations:

For Excel: Choose Add-ins under the Tools menu and then browse to: \Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\bin folder, then select the crexcel_en.xla

For Access: Under the Add-ins manager in the tools menu, click the Add New button and browse to: \Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\bin folder, then select the craccess2kwz_en.mde file

Hope this helps,

Mrudolph

Additionally, the Excel and Access add-ins are available in all "flavors" (e.g. Standard, Professional, Developer) for versions 8 through 10 of Crystal. The following is a link to a PDF from the business objects knowledgebase that gives a features comparison list by version.

regards,

mrudolph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back