Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal web servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibearian

Technical User
Jul 4, 2001
GB
We currently use CR7's crystal web servers and they work just fine at the moment.

We like the simplicity (stick it on the site and it works) We can do our own secuirty, we don't want the whole CE infrastucture. But now our developers want to use CR9.net and i can't afford or justify the use of CE professional and i think standard version will be too limited.

So what other web based options are avaible and which do you use ? ibearian.

PROJECT H
mailto:ibearian@projecth.co.uk

I use CE 8.5 Pro, implementing ePortfolio.

There was a 5 user license deal a few months ago for $8500, and if you consider in-house costs to deploy, it was well worth it.

-k

-k,

I never really understood what e-portfolio was and why it was better than a simple asp/html home page. Do find it works well ? Do you know of any other servers ?

I also want to offer crystal reports web hosting to third parties on my server, so all i need is a simple web server. (my hostees will be small UK companies running at best small reports without any tech knowledge). I just want no fancy (eportfolio) fills, no security features just a web server and at a no frills cost. I am happy to use it for beta testing / being a development partner for any prostecive products

Thankyou ibearian.

PROJECT H
mailto:ibearian@projecth.co.uk

ePortfolio is a pretty good general interface for end-users. Crystal also provides some other examples from their "launchpad" but these don't have the full functionality that is really needed.

The only glaring thing missing from ePortfolio is the ability to reschedule a previously scheduled job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back